Last updated: 03 January 2021
This policy is applicable to all visitors on our website (“you” and “your”) and in using our website, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the terms stated within this policy. This policy is intended to clearly describe how Unismart Solutions, uses, stores and discloses the information you provide us with when visiting our website. If you do not consent to the terms of this policy, you must immediately stop accessing and/or using this website.
Unismart Solutions (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://unismartsolutions.co.za, hereafter referred to as the “Site” or “website”.
We understand and appreciate that your privacy is important to you, therefore we take the protection of your personal information seriously. Please read through this policy thoroughly to understand how your personal information is collected, processed and stored by our website. You must read through the terms stipulated below to continue using our website and various services available on our website.
2.1 Collection of personal information
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information. The requirement of this information is voluntary and not mandated, however we may not be able to fulfill certain services or functions without this information. You will be asked to provide us with your personal information when registering as a customer on our site, making a purchase, submitting a query via our contact form or when signing up for our newsletters. In this regard, we may collect a variety of your information which includes but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company VAT number (optional)
- IP address
- Home address
- Billing address
2.2 Usage/processing of personal information
We will use the personal information you provide us with solely for the reasons stipulated below:
- To contact you in response to customer queries submitted via our contact form. See note below for more information.
- To contact you regarding new or current products or services (provided that you have signed up for and consented to receiving such promotional and marketing material via our newsletter).
- To improve/enhance our products and services we offer.
- To enhance your experience on our website by monitoring statistical non-personal browsing behavior, inter alia, and transactions with us via our Site.
By filling in any contact form on our website with your personal information, you consent to and authorise the processing and sharing with us of your personal information so that we may use the provided information to reply to requests for information, quotations or any other form of request pertaining to the products or services we offer.
2.3 Usage of Third-party services
In order for us to fulfill our services, Unismart Solutions may employ the use of third party service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. We may disclose your personal information to such third party service providers only under the circumstances set out below:
- To employees at Unismart Solution or service providers who will assist us in our interaction with you through our website, email, telephone or any other means for processing orders and the delivery of goods or services. This will ensure that the relevant parties have the required information necessary to facilitate communication with you in regards to orders or queries submitted on our website.
- To third party service providers in order to facilitate communication with you via email or any other means regarding marketing material in relation new/current products or services and promotions (provided that you have opted for receiving such marketing material by signing up for our newsletters).
- You create a client account on our website. In order to access invoices and view/edit your information on our website, you will be requested to create a client user account. Your personal details will be added to our user list so that you are able to access your specific account when making a new order or following up on existing orders.
- Handle your information with the utmost of care and treat it as strictly confidential.
- Make you aware of any unauthorized use or unlawful disclosure and processing of your information.
- Ensure that the necessary organization and technical measures are in place to protect and secure your personal information against accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized or unlawful processing, theft, destruction or damage and unwarranted disclosure or access.
- Provide you with the option to view, update or remove any of your stored personal information. Please refer to Section 8 – “Your Rights” for more information regarding your rights over the personal information you provide us with.
3.1 Log Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include, but not limited to information such as:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address,
- Your browser type,
- Your browser version,
- The pages of our website that you visit,
- The time and date of your visit,
- The time spent on those pages and
- Other statistics related to your interaction with our website.
The cookie may collect information on your browsing activity such as date and time of browsing, pages you have visited, viewed links, as well as browsing history and preferences. In addition, cookies also allow a website to recognize repeat users, facilitate a visitors on-going access to the website and allow the website to track a visitor’s usage behavior as well as collect and generate aggregate data which permits the website operator to improve website content and functionality (improved experience).
- Differentiate users from each other on our website
- Remember a visitor’s last session when and if they return to our website
- Estimate the usage patterns and audience size of website visitors
- Improve the speed of searches on our website
- Collect and store information on your preferences on our website to customize the content and website according to the individual preferences of visitors (if applicable).
You may delete all installed cookies on you computer and prevent new cookies from being saved on your computer by configuring your browser software. Please utilize the help features of your website browser to better understand how to toggle activation and deactivation of this feature on your browser software. For more information on how to disable cookies on your browser, you may read the following info posted by Google here.
Please note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site or may experience sub-optimal performance. If you choose to “Accept” cookies on our website, you thereby provide consent to the use of all cookies on our website and any personal information collected by that cookie.
3.3. Third-party cookies
We make use of third party services which use third-party cookies to serve ads and other content based on a users past visit to our website.
You have the option of subscribing to newsletters, marketing or promotional material and other information that may be of interest to you on our website. If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter by providing us with your personal information then your personal information (name and email address) will be added to our newsletter distribution list. This information will be processed and stored by us as per the provisions detailed in Section 2.4.1 and will be used to deliver our newsletters which will be delivered by email, as well as to enable analytics of the open and click rates of our newsletters.
Links to our newsletters are tracked by Google Analytics which assists us in determining how many of the overall website visits arose through our newsletter. We use this information to better understand what content on our website is most popular among visitors. By choosing to subscribe to our newsletter, marketing and promotional materials, you consent to processing of your provided information in the manner set out above.
Our website contains links which link to other websites (external websites) that may have content of relevance or interest. It is our duty to inform you that should you use these links, in which case you will leave our website, then we do not have any control over the content or privacy policies (if any) on those website.
We also want to make you aware that should you voluntarily disclose personal information on forums, blogs, chat areas, or message boards on external websites and third party websites accessed through links on this website, then the disclosed information is available for public viewing. The disclosed information can then be collected, stored and processed by third parties without our knowledge or consent and has the potential to result in the unsolicited exchange of message to other individuals or third parties. These activities extend beyond the control of Unismart Solutions, therefore we SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWEVER SO ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION to linked websites or third party websites accessed from this Site.
Unismart Solutions does not intentionally and knowing solicit or collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13 years old, as permitted by law.
We require that children under the age of 18 discuss and consult with their parent(s) or guardian(s) or competent adult (for example an elder sibling over the age of 18 years old) before providing us with any personal information. We also strongly recommend that parent(s) or guardian(s) supervise their children’s online activity to ensure that they do not disclose personal information.
Should you suspect that Unismart Solutions has received any information from or about anyone under the age of 13 years old, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us, however please be advised that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use industry acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore we serve to inform you that as much as we do everything that is reasonably necessary to protect your right to privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unlawful disclosure and unauthorized use/processing of your personal information by third parties that are not subject to our control. We can also not accept any responsibility from misuse or abuse of your information that has been compromised, stolen or misused by hackers or cyber terrorists.
Should you feel that the personal information you have provided us with is not being secured to your satisfaction or is at risk in our possession, please inform us by sending and email to email@example.com, requesting the deletion of your personal information.
According to the Personal Data Protection Act, you have the right to access, inquire about, modify, rectify or delete your personal data that you may have provided us with. As a user, you have the right to do any of the following:
- Object to the processing of your personal information – You have the right to object to us processing your data previously supplied as per Section 2. In this event you may request for your personal information to be deleted so that it may no longer be processed by us.
- Access your personal information – You have the right to query whether your data is being processed by any other means than which is stipulated in Section 2, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing as well as request a copy of your personal data that we may process. If you are a registered customer using our website, you may access and view your data by logging into your customer profile via the Client Login Portal.
- Verify, correct or update your data – You have the right to verify, correct or update the personal information we have relating to you at anytime. Our clients have the ability to verify and update the personal information provided to us by updating your information in the client portal dashboard.
- Request removal or deletion of your data – You have the right to request that we remove and delete any of your personal information. You can request for this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by removing your information from the client portal dashboard.
We will take every measure to ensure that your request is fulfilled to the best of our ability and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.